How to do Restful Objects .NET without persistence(Entity f)

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Edited Oct 30, 2012 at 8:06 AM

I intend to adopt Restful + CQRS architecture to develop an application, mobile phone or pC access this application through web; Later I found Restful objects.net, I think it is great;

But I found the persistence layer is MS Entity Framework, however, We have developed an persistence component, andwe intend to support NoSQL database such as MongoDB;

How to replace the Entity Framework for other persistence component, such as NHibernate,and we want to use another IOC Container such as Castle Windsor Or Unity;

Is there a way to do this?

thanks.

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2012 at 8:16 AM

It is certainly possible to write alternative 'Persistors' to work with the Naked Objects framework (which forms the core of Restful Objects for .NET) - the architecture anticipates that  - but that does require a good working knowledge of the internals of the framework.  We don't supply that kind of support via the forum  -  but can do so on a consultancy basis, if you are working on a significant commercial project.

Using a NoSQL database is certainly feasible.  But are you wedded to CQRS?  I have to say we are not fans of that idea.