iPad/iPhone Client Development

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Hi,

Can you please provide guidelines/suggestions to consume the REST API developed using RestfulObjects.Server (.NET) in iPAD/iPhone ?

Thank you,

Motilal Nayak

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Motilal

I should say that neither Stef nor I has any personal experience of developing for the Apple platforms.

If you want to develop a web-app to run on the iPad/iPhone, including a 'single page' web app, then assuming that iPad/iPhone now supports JavaScript (I have no knowledge of that), then that would be the same as developing a web-app or SPA for any other platform: you can make use of our Spiro library if you wish.

If you are wanting to develop a downloadable, free-standing 'App' (not a web-app)  -  then we can't help you with any information about that  -  you need to refer to appropriate app development forums.  Developing against the Restful Objects API will be similar to developing against any Http API  -  just eaiser because the resources and representations are standardised.

Richard

Developer
Jan 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM
If you are approaching this from a .NET perspective (which I'm guessing you are) then you might want to check out the stuff that the Mono guys provide, http://xamarin.com/monotouch.

I have no personal experience of this library, but it would definitely be on my own list of candidate technologies to develop. From a .NET developer's standpoint, there are two appeals: (1) you are working with C#, which is nicer language than either Android's Java or Apple's ObjectiveC, and (2) your app will also run on the other mobile platforms.

Just my 2c
Dan

On 18 January 2013 06:46, MotilalNayak <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Can you please provide guidelines/suggestions to consume the REST API developed using RestfulObjects.Server (.NET) in iPAD/iPhone ?

Thank you,

Motilal Nayak

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (restfulobjects@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email restfulobjects@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com